When using the website, you will be requested to supply certain personal information and data. This disclaimer explains how your personal data is collected, used and protected, and under what circumstances personal data will be passed on to third parties.
Green Datacenter AG protects the right of website visitors to their personal data and complies with the Swiss Data Protection Act (DPA) which became effective on June 19, 1992.
Type of information collected and how it is used
We collect your data in order to continually improve the services we provide to you. We limit the data we collect to the data needed to provide and invoice products and services you receive from Green Datacenter AG.
The data can also be used to offer you improved services and applications, and to tailor the website to your personal requirements.
This data includes the following information:
- Personal information (e.g., name, address, Internet address, and telephone number)
- General information (e.g., language, gender, age, interests, and time and length of your visits to the website)
- Applications, forms, and other messages sent to us
- Data from green.ch cookies
- Information from agencies that is used to verify your identity or creditworthiness, for example
Personal information collected during registration will only be used by Green Datacenter AG or by companies in the green.ch group.
Disclosure of collected information
Except in the following situations, information is not disclosed to third parties unless you were informed and agreed at the time the information was collected, such as during registration.
The personal data of our customers or former customers will only be disclosed to third parties in the following cases:
- Disclosure to execute the requested deliveries or services (e.g., when services are purchased through you)
- Disclosure to comply with judicial orders or applicable statutory regulations
- Disclosure to protect against fraud or other illegal acts or to ensure the security of our customers, employees or property, or for other legal reasons
- Disclosure to third parties according to your request or instruction (e.g., request for delivery or services of a third party)
Security, retrieval, and changing of collected information
We use all necessary security measures to protect your personal data. We continually check security measures and change them accordingly to contain any risks and to meet the requirements for preventing unauthorized use.
Information about using our website
In order to continually improve our website and to tailor it to your needs, we need to collect data about site usage, the areas of the site that are most frequently called up, length of use, average usage times, and other information.
We use the following technical tools for this purpose:
- IP address: An Internet protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you surf the Internet. Servers which manage homepages can recognize your computer via this number. In this way, we can determine how the website is used by various IP addresses. However, we do not make any connection between the IP address and collected personal data.
Web banners, buttons, pop-up windows, and other similar advertising on our website do not collect personal data such as name, address, telephone number, or e-mail addresses.
We use e-mail and direct marketing to inform you about new services and to present new offers (e.g., new services or contents) which could interest you. In doing so, we want to create incentives for you to use our new website features.
We allow our users to opt out of this type of communications.
However, all users always receive usage-relevant information about functionality (e.g., product enhancements, technical changes, planned downtimes, etc.) as well as commercial information (e.g., changes to existing products and services, pricing changes), and legal information (e.g., disclaimer).
Links to third-party websites
When you visit our site, you may be forwarded to third-party Internet pages which are not under our control. These links are set up to make it easier for you to use the Internet. The use of third-party sites is at your own risk.
The security of personal data is extremely important to Green Datacenter AG. We do our best to ensure the security of your personal data using common Internet measures, but we cannot guarantee that data will not be lost, misused, or changed.
As a customer, you have access to applications which can only be called up using your username and password. Your password is always encrypted when it is transferred over the network. We recommend that you do not disclose your username and password to anyone.
If we have cause to believe that data security is not ensured or there is a case of misuse, we may change your username, password, or other codes and inform you of this.
When using our website, we assume that you have carefully read and consent to this disclaimer and that you will abide by the netiquette rules. Please note that Green Datacenter AG can change the contents of this document at any time.
If you are unable to consent to the current contents of this disclaimer or to future changes, then we ask that you refrain from using this website.
Place of jurisdiction
Place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from legal relationships with Green Datacenter AG is the company’s registered office.
Lupfig, January 2012